So I did the usual upper horn carve, took way longer than necessary. Then I took out the EMG MMTW pickup I was going to use and figured out how much space I’d need for a cavity. The bass controls are like a guitars- just volume and tone, but this would require a battery and perhaps two.
I cut a piece of thin stock cherry wood and glued a really cool piece of redwood burl to offset the back appearance. Then rounded corners and beveled the sides. Before I went to bed I added its first saturating coat of tru oil. The smaller oval shaped cavity cover is for my own build and has already had its final layer of oil.