Ifrit’s Neck Pocket pt. 2

So I used the templates stacked to route the neck pocket, which turned out nice and snug. Mapped out the tunin holes- I’m only using three of the four since I messed up on one badly . But it shouldn’t be a problem. This thing will hold together with two at a minimum.

I realized that I could use a pattern bit on a long straight piece of wood to true up the redwood top. I don’t know why I never thought of this earlier. It literally took 2 minutes and saved me over 30 minutes of haphazard sanding by hand.

Afterwards I glued the top together and prepped a small piece for some tests with the Z-Poxy finishing resin. Better to screw up now than on the final piece.

20130417-181959.jpg

20130417-182018.jpg

20130417-182048.jpg

20130417-182059.jpg

20130417-182110.jpg

20130417-182122.jpg

20130417-182134.jpg

20130417-182146.jpg

20130417-182157.jpg

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s