So I mapped out the cavities and used a forstner bit to hog out most of the wood. The distinctive smell of ash wood was everywhere. It’s not as pleasant as bubinga but still has its own character.
After using the forstner bit I use my dremel with a 1/8 bit to create a lip about a quarter inch for the ball bearing of my router bit to use as a pattern. The router base for the dremel gives me such amazing control to freehand rout anything. This also makes the work for the router easy.
I took my newly glued redwood top and sanded each side and sized it down with my Ryoba. Then I used some titebond and all the clamps I have to secure the top. Hopefully i used enough glue. I love ending the day with something in clamps.