This is going to take a while…
Today I sprayed 4 thin coats o shellac and sanded it dull. Then began applying Minwax Wipe On Poly. This stuff dries so fast you need to saturate a pad and quickly move and cover as much area as possible without going back over previously touched areas.
Thanks to Eric Burton I was able to properly drill the ferrules in the back of the guitar. Thanks for that 5/16 drill bit dude!
I also managed to carve out the rough volute area. I used a plane blade to clean up the area then glued a redwood burl veneer to the back. I used a doggy poop bag for the curved area. It’s worked wonders in the past, most recently for the bass which is now with Matt Morello.
The final pictures are of the second coat of polyurethane.