So I got up to the very end. Was polishing the final coat and I noticed a hazy spot. I’d seen them pop up here and there. Nothing too big, they’d sand out after some wet sanding. But on the left side of the body on the curved portion there were persistent hazy spots. I just assumed it was a sand throughs. Even though I’d been extremely careful and barely touching the surface with my soaked sandpaper, it still happened. So I was stuck. I tried spot correcting but it looked awful. Then I simply sanded the whole thing with 600 wet until they were barely noticeable and then began re applying the coats of poly, paying close attention to where those areas were every time I’d go back to sand and recoat. Right now it’s looking better and I can’t see any spots.
The neck is getting the tru oil treatment. I switched to full strength tru oil and realized that while it put on a nice thick layer, it took a lot longer to dry.
All this made me learn a great deal of patience. It’s the final step and I almost settled for a sand through on my personal build. Glad I didn’t. There’s no rush after all.