I realized I had a bottom bearing flush trim bit and what’s even better It was three bladed! So I decided to make a template to match the other pup route. It’s not perfect but almost there. I’d like the corners to be sharper but I don’t have a bit and didn’t feel like buying one if I could make this work.
So I took my Coping saw and removed some wood so I can do this in one pass. It worked beautifully.
Ok so technically it’s ready for finishing. I’ve drilled the lip for the control cavity plate to nest inside.
I’ll hog the wood out for that and drill the holes from the pup routes to the cavity later. I wanna start saturating this guitar in oil since the drying process will take some time.