Top Glued and Templates Bandsawed

Spend some time at the Downtown Artist Space in LA. Burris was super helpful and helped me get started at the bandsaw. For my first time using it I think I did really well. I managed to cut out the head plate shapes, head scarfs, body and tops. I also got the templates cut and sanded. I also hogged out a little bit of wood to balance out the body, once the neck routes, control cavities and pickup routes are made the body will be much lighter. Also the body has a very beautiful tpa tone. It’s almost like playing a marimba. I just cannot wait to get this build done. I’m more excited to see this through than the burl maple build!

I glued the top and called it a day.

20140308-185633.jpg

20140308-185639.jpg

20140308-185644.jpg

20140308-185648.jpg

20140308-185655.jpg

20140308-185700.jpg

20140308-185706.jpg

20140308-185712.jpg

20140308-185720.jpg

20140308-185726.jpg

20140308-185733.jpg

20140308-185740.jpg

20140308-185746.jpg

20140308-185750.jpg

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s