Went to downtown artist space again and Burris helped me make a template to route the truss rod channel of the burl maple neck. I got to use the new carbide bit made specifically for hot rod truss rods. Burris was amazingly helpful and made an acrylic template to serve as a guide for the fence on the router table.
I also chose a beautiful burl maple (it could also be ash) veneer from my sample pack. This pack was worth the money. I also cut out a matching one for the back portion to tidy the glue line up.
It makes me happy when I can leave something clamped overnight. Tomorrow I’ll roughly clean up the headstock, I’ll glue the fretboard then maybe thurs ill glue the back veneer. Next week it’s back to the shop for neck taper cutting as well as fretboard radiusing and fret installation using these new Jescar frets.