Pickups Routed

on

So the new template works like a charm. I got these done in no time.

First I strung up the outer strings. moving the bridge over 1.5 mm was the right call and the strings line up perfectly on the burl maple. It was easier on the roasted maple.

First I string up the guitars, drew the path of the strings and the outer holes. I’m kinda OCD about having the strings line up so this was crucial. Then I traced around the spare baseplate I have and then traced the template over it, notching the x and y alignment. Then I used lathe tape and went to town using the stew mac bits, first the big, then the small to sharpen up the corners. I maxed out the dept on both. This was alright for the roasted maple because it’s pickups have no legs, but I must have forgotten that the dominions came with 1/2 in legs which will require me to forstner some holes on the sides to accommodate.

20140520-202217-73337642.jpg

20140520-202217-73337976.jpg

20140520-202218-73338364.jpg

20140520-202232-73352734.jpg

20140520-202233-73353945.jpg

20140520-202233-73353379.jpg

20140520-202254-73374226.jpg

20140520-202255-73375392.jpg

20140520-202254-73374809.jpg

20140520-202256-73376973.jpg

20140520-202314-73394981.jpg

20140520-202316-73396755.jpg

20140520-202315-73395763.jpg

20140520-202317-73397600.jpg

20140520-202353-73433533.jpg

20140520-202354-73434847.jpg

20140520-202354-73434385.jpg

20140520-202353-73433974.jpg

20140520-202413-73453439.jpg

20140520-202412-73452556.jpg

20140520-202413-73453039.jpg

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s