New Year | New Projects

Since Instagram became a thing for me I have neglected this blog considerably. It’s been about 7 months since my last post and even that post was delayed by some. Since the last post I’ve been featured in Shaper Origins “Shaper Origin in Action” community series which showcases Origin users and their experiences. It was…

Halloween Horror Story – Rogers Build Saga

If you’ve been following me on Instagram, you’d have read about my struggles with completing my friend Rogers guitar. First I screwed up on the finish and let the build sit for three years because I was so mad, then after painstakingly removing the finish with a scalpel I then proceeded to punch straight through…

“The Valiant” Serial Build #009

Finally finished. My “Treat Yo Self” present for matching into my 1st choice fellowship for Hospice and Palliative Medicine. She’s got some fine detail and wiring work to be 100% perfect but she already sounds beautiful. McNelly’s Saint Nick HSP90’S sound incredible and can handle the cleanest of cleans and the dirtiest of dirty. It’s…

Top Carved pt. 2

Ok so I got a carving kit and went at this by hand to make this contour top, an archtop. It took me all of the chronicles of riddick to get this done. I still need to smooth out the base transition and finish sand the body. So far I’m working cleaner than I have…

Chewbacca’s Neck & Body Contours

Intriguing title right? I figured since this guitar was literally all different shades of brown, Chewbacca would be a fitting name; not to mention it’s gonna sound like a beast. So I took some more pictures of the neck and fretboard. Gonna have to plane down a piece for the right ear of the headstock….

Teak Oil on Figured Walnut

So I found my bottle of watco teak oil and I decided to apply the initial soak coat of oil. I usually just let the oil pool on top for a bit so it can saturate the wood as much as possible. Then I’ll wipe it off and do the same tomorrow while sanding with…

Ifrit’s Neck Pocket pt. 2

So I used the templates stacked to route the neck pocket, which turned out nice and snug. Mapped out the tunin holes- I’m only using three of the four since I messed up on one badly . But it shouldn’t be a problem. This thing will hold together with two at a minimum. I realized…

Moving along…

So I scrapped the old design and went in favor of the one I’ve been working with. This time I think I’ve got it just right. I’ve started collecting parts also. I had a nice wild olive neck blank which I intended on using but was shocked to see the damn thing had warped when…