Halloween Horror Story – Rogers Build Saga

If you’ve been following me on Instagram, you’d have read about my struggles with completing my friend Rogers guitar. First I screwed up on the finish and let the build sit for three years because I was so mad, then after painstakingly removing the finish with a scalpel I then proceeded to punch straight through…

“The Valiant” Serial Build #009

Finally finished. My “Treat Yo Self” present for matching into my 1st choice fellowship for Hospice and Palliative Medicine. She’s got some fine detail and wiring work to be 100% perfect but she already sounds beautiful. McNelly’s Saint Nick HSP90’S sound incredible and can handle the cleanest of cleans and the dirtiest of dirty. It’s…

Buster Sword FF Carved

Adler is a joy to work with. My microplane rasps cut through it like butter. Now that all bodies for all guitars – somehow I’ve started 5…- are carved, I can begin making all the necks. Roger’s neck is the furthest along and the others will match pace soon enough.  I also began the buster…

Imbuya Neck Carved & Odies Oil Tips

This turned out well. I figured the best way to shave down the thickness of the neck was to mark the desired depth and rasp chamfers till that line was reached. Typically I’d just route freehand till that depth was met but I tried something using an auto planer which was unsuccessful so had to…

Poly Test complete + Heel Carve + Bridge Mounted

Lots of stuff done. Figured out I could use my dremel plunge router as a makeshift drill press. Ain’t perfect but damn near. The poly finish test turned out very well. And after only about 4 days of cure time. The actual guitar will get a full week o cure time after a number of…